23 January 2011

My First Grader and other Stuff

Lulu started school this week. You all know what I am going to say....cant believe how time flies, she looks so grown up - yada yada. Yes, its all true. I feel all those things.


I am not, however, a mother who has ever felt tearful when my kids have started school. I am missing that gene. I am always very excited and cant help thinking how cool this next phase is going to be.

Dont be mistaken; I am not made of stone and I do have nostalgic thoughts but never tears!


Honey also started Senior Primary so it is a big year for her too. It is lovely to have them in the same school even though they finish at different times....eish.


The extramurals are nuts this term - spent a crazy few days trying to sort it all out so I can avoid having to be in 3 different places at the same time. I have ended up with extramurals every day of the week but fortunately still managed to be home by 3pm every day except Tuesday so that is a mercy. I am not complaining (right now) as I choose to be a SAHM for this very reason - to be available to ferry my kids and afford them these opportunities.

In other news...I went for a massage on Friday.

A back, neck and shoulder therapy session. Oi vey but I was in a bad way. It was excruciating at times - not the therapists fault either! I have to incorporate stretching into my fitness routines because being this tight is not healthy. I will go for massages twice a month until the situation resolves itself.

I also took myself off for Vit B12 shots. I am feeling like I have started the year on the back foot and need a kickstart to give me the edge again. The shot wasnt nearly has sore as i remembered although my last one was a good 15yrs ago!!

Quite amazing how much maintenance this bod of mine is requiring these days....a good tuning every now then is clearly in order. ;-)

6 comments:

Kirsty said...

So with you here.... I love my children dearly, but couldn't wait to pack them off to school again!!! i nearly tripped over my slummy mummy fliup-flop when I heard the one yummy mummy howling at the school gate about how much she was gonna miss her little darling after spending 24/7 with her for the past 6 weeks....
Me??? not so much... but that said, I am trying to relish this time whilst the nippers still think I'm cool-ish, cos I know ... give it a few years and they'll be making me drop them a block away...

Me said...

Hey,

Ja, I also (thankfully) missed the gene of tears at starting school, and mine didn't shed any either. Think we were both only too happy for school.

I did shed a tear or two when she finished school tho. WHat does that say about me??? Hahhaa...

xx

Stefanie said...

The time is coming when you'll be taking vitamins just like the rest of us...getting older aint for sissies.
Lovely pics.

Ness at Drovers Run said...

I have tears and nostalgia for all of ten seconds, until the mad cackling (with glee) sets in that I now have time to actually work again :)

cat said...

Ja, I am not big on tears either... I so need a massage too. Good on you for looking after yourself.

Lynette said...

Not big on tears at all...and I always had my kids telling me to "please go now" when I dropped them off at school.