24 March 2011

Insightful Lulu

My middlest one, Lulu, is in Grade 1. Part of their homework, a couple of times a week, is to come home and practise the new letter they learnt that day.

Yesterday she came home and practised writing out her 'k' . Another part of the exercise is to look for pictures that begin with the 'k' sound. It is all about phonetics at this point, not spelling so we look for anything 'k' or 'c'.

I left her to it as I was making lunch for everyone. When I popped my head in to check on what she was doing I found her pasting this picture in her book.

Before you scroll down - tell me what you think her 'k' sound word is when she looked at this picture. I had to ask her.


Committed. Her words to me: "They are committed to each other, hey Mommy?"

I love this sensitive little soul who is such a romantic at the ripe old age of 6.

13 comments:

I'm so not a blogger said...

oh, that's gorgeous:-)

lg said...

That's so sweet...

blackhuff said...

Awe, how sweet :)

cat said...

Oh that is so cool!

Ordinarylife said...

wow, and here I was going with Kiss. Hers is so much better.

Marcelle said...

She is a special Soul that one!!!!

Ness at Drovers Run said...

Yes, very kommitted. Love it!

Kirsty said...

My 1st guess was "kiss" and then "couple"
Indeed an insightful child x

Lynette said...

You have a real little "old" soul there.

Julia said...

Such a romantic old soul. So insightful and almost intense in a way.
x

Michele said...

Sweet! Like Kirsty, I came up with kiss and couple. Committed never even occurred to me.

Shayne said...

I saw couple and then kiss.

Very old soul you have there. Special little munchkin.

oh, received yr mail today - yahhoo! guess what i'm watching tonight xx

clare said...

Aw she is so clever and so sweet and adorable. x