08 April 2011

10 Rules for My Girls


1. When on a dinner date, order the steak. Guys dig girls who eat real food.

2. Never make fun of your brother in front of other girls.

3. Let your date be the guy. Chivalry is not dead or outdated.

5. Yes, your skirt is too short.

6. Beware of men with accents. It does not make them more sophisticated.

7. Be loyal to your friends. Always.

8. You dont need to do anything to *prove* you like him. Ever.

9. Ride a bicycle. Rollerblade. Surf. Picnic. Hike. Jetski. But no skydiving while I am alive.

10. Dance with your dad. And not just on your wedding day.


(based on and adapted from a list I found here)

12 comments:

cat said...

Ah Mel, beautiful! And I agree on all, but add not motorcycles. Ok maybe, I will one day give up on that one. And no tattoos until you are 21.

blackhuff said...

Such beautiful advice to your daughters and so true. Wish my mother told me all this.

Julia said...

Ummm, that's only 10.....

MelB said...

Oops! Thanks Julia...

Ordinarylife said...

Very good - but she is also not allowed to ride motorcycles. Skydiving she is allowed to do as long as she takes me with.

Caroline said...

Going to print out and stick on fridge door!!

Andrea said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

Michelle Gatley-Dewing said...

ARE YOU GOING TO LET YOUR DAUGHTERS DATE????!!

Jenty said...

Stunning list!!

Lynette said...

I love this...I want to see an adaptation of it when your first daughter starts dating:-)

Marcelle said...

Such an awesome list...I cant agree with you more on all 10 of those...xx

Shayne said...

Love this - think I may scrap it as a letter to D!

But will add in no motorcycles.

HAte them!