Truth be told, I am a coward. Many, many things scare the whatzit out of me. Most of them are things I make up in my mind and I hate that. I am very far from courageous or so I thought until I began to understand what courage really is.
- Courage can be asking forgiveness. Or courage can mean offering it.
- Courage can mean honoring your true feelings or openly accepting the feelings of another (no matter how uncomfortable those feelings are).
- Courage can mean asking a question. Or hearing an answer.
- Courage can mean facing the moment when it didn't turn out the way you had planned.
- Courage can mean allowing yourself to feel pain and then moving beyond it.
There are infinite ways to be courageous. Even when we feel lost and powerless. A great truth to teach our kids.
* based on and adapted from a list I found here