03 April 2011

Living Life





I have come to a somewhat blinding realisation.

My kids are growing up and doing less *insane and mind-numbingly annoying* things for me to blog about....ho hum.


I have been reading through my original blog from 2007 and have been blown away by the fodder with which I was provided by my then 1,3 and 6 year old. Gosh, my days were like a reality show - full of amusing chaos, carnage and craziness.

Nowadays it is not uncommon for me to have my charming lad set the table for dinner....


and find these two playing for hours together with all kinds of new games being created daily.



Now let me hasten to add that I am not angling for any chaos, carnage or craziness. I will settle quite happily for Walton-style normality.

Friday night we took them sprogs off to see HOP, they thoroughly enjoyed it and I enjoyed the soundtrack. I dont really *do* kids movies (was scarred for life recently by Rango and before that by The Bee Movie) but this one was doable. Discovery offers free movies for kids before 7pm so we are trying to go every Friday evening if there is a suitable show.

Saturday saw me pottering around the house. My pottering generally makes the family nervous because I tend to end up on a mission, sorting and decluttering. It can sometimes get ugly. Happy to say no casualties this weekend. Unless you count a tired old chest of drawers that has been unceremoniously dragged into the garage and is currently undergoing reconstructive painting.

Sunday found me pounding the treadmill. Bleh. But necessary. The day was rescued by an epic walk on Noordhoek beach - balm for the soul that place.

My kids continue to enchant me. Although they annoyed me at least 12 times this weekend (mainly around those damn bunnies!) my overwhelming feeling is true contentment as I watch them spend hours playing together. They are truly in a good space and for that I am truly grateful.

9 comments:

Hayley said...

You sound so perfectly relaxed and happy...I like it :-)

lg said...

Found myself looking for the "like" button. So lekker when everything is well with the world. Love the photo's!

allie. said...

The much ignored and little spoken about "good parts" of being a mom.

Glad you're experiencing and glad you gave it some air.

Your kids are really a pleasure. If it were not for builders crawling all over the house from 8am till 6ish, they could come hang here.
At the mo, I am confined to my (tiny) study, or banished to my bedroom :-)

blackhuff said...

Glad to see that you got your account sorted after it have been hacked.
That is awesome of Discovery - just a pity it is not like that with the medical aid we belong too.

wherenorthmeetssouth said...

Love those photos on the beach *sigh*.

Was just sitting today thinking about how well all 3 kids are doing and how happy they are. English rose is turing 4 next week and how she has grown!

Memory lane week for me.......

wherenorthmeetssouth said...

Love those photos on the beach *sigh*.

Was just sitting today thinking about how well all 3 kids are doing and how happy they are. English rose is turing 4 next week and how she has grown!

Memory lane week for me.......

cat said...

Oh Mel, I am looking forward to this "normality"

Andrea said...

True bliss...enjoy it and hold on to it in those bunny frustrating moments xxx

Lynette said...

Lovely photos. Amazing how we enjoy the peace of life without drama...but it gives us less to blog about:-) I would not change it for the world tho.