23 April 2011

Of snoozes and runs

That is pretty much what has been happening this long weekend in Mcgregor. Snoozing and running. With some eating, chatting, technology sharing and child entertainment scattered inbetween.

It has been truly blissful, the weather is pretty warm but not unbearable. The kids are pottering around, watching tv or swimming.

The best part of my weekend has to be the running. With my man nogal. I havent run in a l o n g time. My knee injury followed by the vertigo saga put paid to that passion of mine.



I have started slowly and its been awesome. Running here in Mcgregor is such a different vibe to city/suburb/treadmill running. I feel like I could run forever. :-) It also helps to have discovered the most amazing app called imapmyrun .

This app lets you record your workout details, including duration, distance, pace, speed, elevation, calories burned, and route traveled on an interactive map. You can even effortlessly save and upload your data to any of the MapMyFITNESS websites where you can view your route, workout data, and comprehensive workout history

Perfect for a light-weight running geek like me. :-)

I need to rest up tomorrow tho cos after tonights offroad run my knee definitely felt tweaky - iced and arnica hopefully will do the trick.

3 comments:

Shayne said...

Now u know what exercising in my part of the world is like - wonderful.

We too r having the laziest family time weekend in Natal x

Kirsty said...

DO YOUR BUTT AND PELVIC EXERCISES IF YOU WANT TO RUN WITH NO KNEE PAIN. Thatisall

Andrea said...

You are an inspiration with your fitness, I so need to get my BUTT into gear once this baby is born.
xxx
A