05 April 2011

Paper n Glue

I stumbled upon this layout I did of Hooli about 2 yrs ago. It is really one of my alltime favourites and it certainly captured who he was at that time in his young life.


Blogging is cool but documenting your life with paper, glue and photos is something very special. I have missed it.

My kids have been paging through their albums and are literally begging me to continue - for them it is far more appealing looking through those albums than my blogging books.

I remember when they were tiny and I was DESPARATE for them to grow up so we could be creative together - to create albums as a family. Now is that time. It is here and I almost missed it.

I will be resurrecting my ScrapFan blog too - all new LO's will be posted there.

Yayness. :-)

9 comments:

Hayley said...

I would so love to scrap, I have tried it, but I land up wanting to scrap EVERY single picture I have...and it just gets so expensive.
So I sit back and admire yours :-)

cat said...

I am always amazed at the beauty of the scrapbooks but really, it's not for me. I just simply do not have the time. I hope the photobook I have ordered will be a good stand-in.

MacNessa said...

I hear you. My scrapstash calls to me. Now and then I satisfy the urge, by making a special card for someone. But for now I'm doing layouts using Adobe InDesign - page by page - building up our "Family Annual". Hoping to get them leatherbound with gold foil with the year on the spine. Going to order 3 copies - one for us, and then one for each kid to keep until they move into their own homes one day.

Ordinarylife said...

I am not going to start scrapping, I am not going to start scrapping, I am not going to start scrapping....

I know at some stage I will loose this battle. I am a big paper, glue and bits and bobs girl. I think it is something I would love but am far to afraid to start. Like Hayley I don't think my bank balance would survive as I would want to do all my photos.

allie. said...

I'm so glad, Mel
You are really good at it and at photogaphy too.
I agree - I think its a really fun way of remembering.
Blogging fulfills a different role: just as vital though, so don't give up on us, ok?

Thats an epic lay out of Levi - its a stage of his that will forever be imprinted on my brain!

Lynette said...

Stunning news my friend. It need not be expensive if you sign up for kits on some pretty economical kit clubs...seriously.

Shayne said...

I have just started scrapping again, after an absence of 6 months. Have done 6 lo's in the last 2 days. And loved it.

So yay to you.

Get that kit club yayness and start again. YOu were the first scrap blog I ever stumbled upon, so you were my first inspiration!

Marcelle said...

You are a woman of many talents...

ANNE said...

Your books and albums always amaze me! Glad you are continuing...precious records.