16 May 2011

A New Week

Was woken early to the sounds of a small person using my bathroom. :-(  Hooli's tummy still isnt lekker. Thankfully he is well in all other respects - eating A LOT, drinking and full of energy. This is making it tough for me to keep him home though cos he is getting very bored. I am just not happy to send him back to school,for his sake and the sake of his classmates.

Doc has recommended taking him off all diary again as sometimes, after a bug, a bout of lactose intolerance can occur. It this doesnt work I will haul out the antibiotic big gun. Really hoping to avoid that. For now we use Petrolyte, Reuteri and Rehydrate!

The weekend was a bit miffy. I think my head was a bit done in from a hectic week with kids/husband occupying all my time. Am not a FANTASTIC nursemaid long term. Not one minute on my own in 7 days can make me loopy. And dangerous to be around. Sunday arvie saw me flip out a little and my family scattered into various corners of the house - trying to be invisible. :-)

I decided to go to gym today for my sanity despite the fact that Hooli is still home. I asked my char to come a little earlier so he could stay home. It was a good decision - I think the family will be safe from me this afternoon.

:-)

7 comments:

Marcelle said...

You need ME time....I know I would!!!

MacNessa said...

Ag no, sorry to hear about his tummy issues. My youngest also has 'lingering' symptoms after he's been sick. I'm sure they'll grow out of it :)

Shayne said...

Shame man, sorry to hear Hooli still isn't well.Good on you for avoiding the antibio thing - i would have caved by now.

So hear you on the me time thing - you and me both!

I'm so not a blogger said...

7 days without some me time, I would of been a very scary person by day 5.max!
hope he gets better soon soon:-)

Andrea said...

Glad to hear Hooli is on the mend if not quite quickly enough for your sanity...I can so relate, I am FAB for the first 48 hours and then it rapidly goes downhill from there lol
Thinking of you and the fam
xxx
A

Julia said...

Shame man. Sorry that your boy is not doing too well. I would also have gone bos by now. Cannot possibly do without some alone time. Am not a very good Florence either. Hope all your patients are hundreds in no time.

Joanne said...

Sounds bloody horrendous, sorry I cant help but you know I would hey? xxx