20 May 2011

Voting Day

We had a rather stellar Voting Day ---- I was up at sparrow-fart for a session with my new PT. I had made an 0830 appt forgetting it was a public holiday but decided to keep it anyway. Good decision, my mood is much better if I exercise first thing.

We then headed out to Slangkop to walk the boardwalk - the kids frolicked and did what kids do while the man and I leisurely strolled along, catching up on the many things going on in our respective worlds.


From here we went to one of our favourite haunts - a little deli style coffee shop at a nursery nearby. The kids love the park and we love the gourmet coffee and gluten free chocolate brownies!

We then popped out to vote, took all of about 4minutes - i always find voting remarkably empowering and exciting. I wish more people felt this way. I find myself searching for little black dots on left hands of total strangers ... if I dont see one I want to know WHY MAN WHY didnt you vote. ;-)



In the afternoon the man and I trundled off to movies for some light entertainment - we saw Thor and I really enjoyed it. I am not usually a fan of this type of movie but after being dragged to see Iron Man 2 and thoroughly LOVING it I have decided to remain open to the possibility of such flicks. :-)

10 comments:

blackhuff said...

Your blog is the first one which shows a photo of the voting papers. Well done. I would have never thought doing that.
I see the no person sat at the boxes where you throw in your voting papers. We had a man person sitting at our voting box.
I too catch myself looking if other people have voted by searching for the little black dot. I too think: "Why did you not vote?" I caught our filing lady that she did not go vote and asked her. She replied that she had to babysit her grandchildren while her daughter volunteered at the voting points.

cat said...

A stellar day!

Stefanie said...

I would have been too scared to snap a pic at the voting hall. It was a very good day. I think I need to go out and sit in the sun, having some coffee at a nurseyy some time soon too. Sounds really appealing.

Shayne said...

Sounds divine.

I took my camera along but was told 'no pictures mam' inside the hall. Even in our little dorpie.

I feel so proud to have played a role in the results that are coming through. Sadly for us the EC is still very much A N C but maybe one day ....

Hayley said...

I agree...such an awesome feeling having voted. I get very 'emotional' about it in fact.
And also spend my day, looking out for the little black mark :-)

You guys definitely had a perfect day! :-)

MacNessa said...

heh - laughing about the little black mark thing - I do the same.

MacNessa said...

Also - I wanted to take a BBerry pick, but I was worried they'd void my vote or something!

Joanne said...

I too love to vote and I have had the chance here too, amazing and thankfully no black dot or security - which I just love about this place - no security anywhere for anything (maybe concerts but then I havent been lucky enough to go to one) xx

amanda said...

@ Joanne - the security is everywhere in the UK> You cannot go 5 m down the road without it being recorded on CCTV. Big Brother is watching ALL THE TIME

Lynette said...

I couldn't believe that you actually took photos...you're the perfect blogger! But then....you know that hey!