16 June 2011

Books n Blogs

To read (or write!)  a blog....or to read a book.

This is the question.

I have to say I tend to head online before I head to pick up my book. And this time I happen to know I am not alone.

I am often overwhelmed (but in a good way) by the resources online (TED especially) and also the numerous books that are recommended to me on a daily basis. How to ingest all this stuff? Do I need to? How to avoid that *missing out* feeling if I cant get to see/read everything recommended.

These are some of the items on my To Hit/Read List right now:

Books:

Five conversations to have with your daughter.
We need to talk about Kevin.
The Glass Castle

Blogs/Websites

Ted.com (actually got sidetracked now watching TED while copying the link for this post!!)

Henri Nouwen - Youtube - Being the Beloved



Brene Brown - she asks this question : How do we learn to embrace our vulnerabilities and imperfections so that we can engage in our lives from a place of authenticity and worthiness? How do we cultivate the courage, compassion, and connection that we need to recognize that we are enough – that we are worthy of love, belonging, and joy?

MyCube4Change -  MyCube4Change is an on-line video-based course of 25 insights.  The course gives you a learning system that helps you manage change.  Once you have purchased a license; you download your manual and your 3-D cube,  and you’re on your way to change and transformation. I will be embarking on this journey very soon - I have my manual and my deep desire to change! Will keep you posted.

And there are so many more treasure out there in book and blog form...but you will not believe how long this blogpost has taken me because I keep getting sidetracked....watching/reading all this amazing stuff!

Happy long weekend peoples.

6 comments:

stroller said...

It sounds as the Brene Brown and Mycube4change could be what I need right now.

Thanks for pointing me in their direction

Lynette said...

I read the Glass Castle last year...good read...amazing true life story.

I must say my reading is left for when we are on holiday...I get so caught up in the story that I can't put the book down, and all else suffers.

Caroline said...

I find it harder to put down a book than to go offline. But yes - indeed - difficult choice!

I'm so not a blogger said...

I am definitely more a book person!

cat said...

Although I love blogs and the web, books are still the best. I have just taken out The Glass Castle at the Bookclub, but did not bring it along this weekend.

rememberwhenwewereyoung said...

I've been wanting to read this book "Five conversations to have with your daughter" ever since I had my baby girl two years ago.
Thanks for the reminder, I'll be adding it to my budget list next month :-)