29 June 2011

In my world

Today I spent a morning with a friend I have know for over 10yrs. Our lives have gone in different directions and we havent spent much time together while I have been raising my kids but somehow we just connect like it was yesterday! She enriches my life in a way no-one else can.

From there I went to gym - am loving my new trainer, G, she pushed me to do a workout I had found online that I NEVER thought I could ever do. But she knew...and I did it. Twice. I do go workout with her with mild trepidation - our workouts are not for the faint of heart, but I like to feel almost dead otherwise I fail to see the point...she gets that. She is also helping me reach my goal with running so all in all - a good fit is what we are.

Funny story: because I was going to be out all morning today I unblocked Disney XD as a treat for the kids. Well. You would swear that they had won the lottery! The excitement was off the hook. Amazing how something they totally took for granted 3 weeks ago is now such a rare commodity that it evokes such a response.

Right now they are playing Wii Fit Plus - am very happy with this purchase - great family game.

Happy days in our tribes world at the moment.

4 comments:

blackhuff said...

It sure does sound like the most awesome happy days you all are experiencing at the moment. I am happy for you all.
I'm also happy that you had a great time with your friend and again, well done for able to do that workout. You are an inspiration!

cat said...

Some friends are just true friends - regardless of how often you see each other.

Looks like you are in such a happy space.

Lynette said...

We are blessed when we have friends that enrich our lives.

clare said...

I was going to get the wii fit but the gym is going to have to do for now