07 June 2011

Intentional Living

For some time now I have been suffering some sort of inner discord. It has presented itself rather oddly with me feeling not at peace in my skin or my soul or my head or anywhere. I havent felt *right* .

Through a series of events which I will share later I have managed to isolate the stone in my shoe that is making pottering through this life mildly uncomfortable.

My behaviour/ way I spend my time does not match my core values. 

Just think about that statement for a moment. It is big.  I am not saying that I need to be a better wife/mother/christian/friend/daughter blah blah blah etc. It is more than all that.

I have certain values/ideas/dreams that I hold to and yet my daily behaviour does not match/bring me closer to the outcomes I desire.

Have you ever felt this way? I want to be more intentional about how I live. In a fun way. Not in a boring, chasing-after-the-wind way. The stuff I see in my minds-eye? I want to see it come to fruition.

I have begun a process to deal with this - it isnt going to be easy but it certainly is going to be empowering and life-changing; so worth the effort and sacrifice.

Am I making sense ? Do you have a clue as to what I am saying?  :-)

17 comments:

blackhuff said...

You are making perfectly sense and if this is something you want to do, then go for it. To be happy in life is important and if you are not happy, how are you going to be happy in anything you do, daily?
Do you have any ideas of to how you are going to make this work?

cat said...

Yes I have. And I can not wait to see what you do. And here's a hug.

MelB said...

thanks guys, @Blackhuff, I am forming some ideas as to how to proceed...this is not really a *to do* list, I dont want to climb Mount Everest or skydive or scuba the Great Barrier reef - its more like making the everyday count for something that has eternal value. Its sounds weird but I will flesh out the idea as i go along. :-)

I'm so not a blogger said...

yes, I feel the exact same way at the moment. hence the changes which I am also making... more on that later...
Good on you for realising where the inner discord is coming from, not many of us, manage to realise AND try to do something about it:-)

ANNE said...

you have voiced my inner feeling exactly!

Marcelle said...

:) yip
Group challenge is getting me to think about so many things ~ I also want to live my life to the fullest...not just exist.

Ordinarylife said...

You are making perfect sense to me. It is something I feel I need to work on to. Basically how to be true to myself!

rememberwhenwewereyoung said...

You're making alot of sense and it's actually been a light bulb moment for myself too. I need to make some changes, soon!

Me said...

Yes! I have been going through that for a while now.... hence my divorce....

I started exploring myself, what I like, who I am..... So, for me it is something very different to yours I think, but I am not sorry for one milli-second!

Shayne said...

Know exactly what you mean. Have been there myself.

Difficult, but worth it to make the changes.

Looking forward to journeying iwth you on this. x

lg said...

Definately.

Wendy said...

Could swear you were eaves-dropping on my chat with my sister the other evening! Hmmmm ... share share share please.

Julia said...

You have no idea how much I get this!
I have been working it out and trying to put some stuff into practice since the beginning of this year. It is a work in progress, confusing in a way, a period of intense growth but so, so fulfilling when you eventually do get to that point.
I wish you every success with all the changes that you are going to make. It is going to be so worth it. Living authentically is everything that it is made out to be and so much more.

stroller said...

Yes you are.
We should talk.

stroller said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lynette said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jeanne-Marie said...

SO with you on this. We often talk about this - about being authentic. It's a real challenge to live that out... hope that you can do that.... I am so trying to be more authentic - so my actions mirror my heart/mind/soul.

Fail often!

Let me know how you go.

Miss you!