14 August 2011

It is that time of year again...

The time when I decide to go private with my blog...those of you who have been reading me for years will know that I do this on a semi regular basis....this time may well be permanent though!

I have noticed more recently that I am editing myself and not sharing stuff about the life of my family because I know this blog is public and has a fair readership; many of whom are unknown to me. My kids are growing up, particularly Honey, and there are sensitive things I would love to share with my blog pals without feeling like I am exposing those closest to me.

I will obviously take my regulars with me to my new private space but if you are one of my silent friends kindly drop me an email on melodybinos@gmail.com if you would like to continue this journey with the Tribe. :-)


13 comments:

Shayne said...

I have to just say that is one of the reasons i have gone private.

Because my blog is largely my diary, and I want to remember alsorts, and not have to edit and worry about who is reading.

I often wonder if people realise just how many odd people there are out there who read our blogs and who we have absolutely no idea about.

x

I'm so not a blogger said...

Il be staying to read, where ever you go:-)
I have taken time away from my blog as there is too much that needs to be edited.

MacLeod House said...

Do you want something set up like I have with MH? Something that is both public and private ? To keep it all in one place? Let me know.

Marcelle said...

of course I want to follow you!!!

Hayley said...

And me too!

christa said...

i'm in

Joanne said...

I think I am just going to stop blogging and find another way to document my feelings - private didnt work for me because it still wasnt really private.

Werner said...

Still think the best route is to just set up categories where you could segment your posts. That way you can inspire the masses or only share with close (approved-by-you) friends, depending on a one-click selection. I'd take @MacLeod House up on her offer -- you've outgrown Blogger anyways :-)

blackhuff said...

I agree with you Mel. That is why I have a private blog separate from the one who is public. For sensitive stuff that I want to share with blog friends like you.

Lynette said...

Wouldn't it be lovely if we could password protect some posts? You are taking me with you okay?

cat said...

Please take me along! You know I love your blog and your family.

I am considering Wordpress to password protect some posts.

Julia said...

I also want to follow you. Do you still want an email?

Jeannie said...

I would love to continue following Mel. I must say its been one of my own reservations about blogging, is the privacy thing.

Keep me posted as to what you decide.