18 August 2011

Jealous Mom?

I have a confession to make.

I am totally jealous of my mans relationship with my boy. Things have totally changed....I am primary care-giver. Toter of skateboards, giver of sustenance and finder of socks. Beyond that Dad is King.



Recently Hooli asked me to please print a picture of him and his dad and put it in a frame for him. His reasoning was that *in case* dad died or something he felt it would be a good idea to have this picture.

It took everything in me NOT to say : AND ME?? Your doting mother?

This is a very tongue-in-cheek post but I do feel a sense of loss as I watch my boy adoration and obsession with his father. I do know this is totally natural and am eternally grateful for my man who is so involved!

****************

PS  while lying with Hooli last night he did throw me a bone though... 'mom, even when I am mad at you I still love you okay?'  :-)  I'll take that and stow it with my heart-treasures.

7 comments:

MacLeod House said...

It also make me a little jealous that I *SLAVE* for my boys during the day (especially right now since they're on MONTH TWO of their MASSIVE SCHOOL HOLIDAY) - and yet daddy gets greeted with exuberant adulation as soon as he comes in the door.

However, as soon as he comes in the door, it guarantees me at least an hour of *remote control hog* time - totally uninterrupted - while he gets jumped on, used as a human punching bag, or *forced* (loosely used term here since I know he wants to) demonstrate the "difficult" levels on Star Wars Wii. Sometimes I will even supply chips and dip just to extend my "selfish time" by another 30 mins. After that I've usually regained enough sanity to go and make dinner and keep my eyes open at least until they're in bed. :)

Marcelle said...

I know deep down you love their relationship....I love L's relationship with her Dad....its so much better than ours...
I never had a * dad * growing up, so love seeing her have a doting Dad in her life...

What a stunning photo...I love it, they looks so alike and so happy together.
Your boy has a GREAT man to role model himself on...
Dr Phils this is what boys do,.....

Stefanie said...

This is what boys do, but it sure does pinch, doesn't it?
My middle one also went through that worrying about Dad thing...made me feel like dog food because I am always around and getting on his case and therefore immortal?

elisecrets said...

Oh dear... I always think fathers have got the best deal. They're worshipped by son's and adored by daughters... ~sigh~ i suppose we have to grin and bare it

cat said...

Little man L and his dad also has a special thing going but it is the Princess who is all in daddy mode at the moment. But I guess it's true - things change all the time. BTW sorry about my comment under my matric blog's name yesterday - dof of me.

blackhuff said...

I can relate to you - firstly, you written something here which every mother do feel sometime in their live in such situations.
Secondly, I also get this with my children sometimes. They have this relationships with their father and are scared that he might die someday but what about me?
My hubby have told me that I should not worry about this because this will also happen to him one day where the situation would have turned into my direction.

Lynette said...

This is such a special post. It is wonderful when boys have such a special relationship with their fathers...one day they will not struggle with the concept of God the Father.