02 August 2011

Lunchtime Conversations

We had some interesting chats today after school. We like to talk about our *highs n lows* of the day - it often sparks some highly entertaining conversations or snippets.

Lulu was telling me stories about her classmates and then adds:

 "and J is also quite off the hook at school Mom!" 

Hooli was recollecting some stories and then I heard him referring to a "Pitsniffer"!
Well, we are highly anti-namecalling in this house but I almost collapsed with laughter. Seriously, that has to be one for the books!

Young Honey had a few *moments* today where she engaged in some less than stellar language.
 The first infraction "I dont give a damn" resulted in Tobasco which made not a shred of difference as she appears to be immune to its bite.

Later she referred to a sibling as a Smart Arse so I decided to revert to good old washing out the mouth with soap.

I wish I could say it was a success but it was more like a comedy side-show with my rubbing down her tongue with soap; Hooli and Lulu looking on in wonder and Honey herself in fits of giggles. I have to confess it was all too much for me and I relented and joined in laughing at the ridiculousness of it all! Some things are seriously not for this millenium.

What made you laugh today?

6 comments:

Hayley said...

So funny, these kids of yours....

Stefanie said...

Don't you find these snippets and quips come at such a rate you forget so many of them? How did your week in the life go?

Stefanie said...

PS I found white pepper to be the best.

cat said...

This is actually hysterical! We had bookclub last night and one of the members had her birthday - but as next Tuesday is a public holiday, she agreed to have it on her birthday. The lady that hosted actually threw her a kiddies party, complete with cupcakes and Sponge Bob party packs for use. I am still giggling about it all.

Anonymous said...

Allie says:

I can just imagine the scene -
*gurgle*
Of course you know that if you laugh with them you're dead in the water!?
Question is: what can you do thats scary enough for her to stop the stuff?

blackhuff said...

I can imagine how much laughter that created with washing out the mouth :)