22 August 2011

Magic of Childhood

On Saturday my girls spent hours, literally, making their own fairy garden in the yard. They discovered that a little hedge type thing I planted four years ago (that is clearly stunted) makes a PERFECT magic faraway tree.



This was all started by my mom who bought little faeries and put them in her potplants for my kids. (or herself, not quite sure!)

Honey has read the Enid Blyton series and Lulu is about to start it soon - cannot wait to relive the magic with her - possibly my last chance to read the series as I am pretty sure Hooli aint a Faraway Tree type of lad.

6 comments:

Fiona said...

The Magic Faraway Tree tops my all time favourite books growing up :)
Moonface, the Saucepan man, Dame Washalot....what awesome memories!

allie. said...

Ahhhhh!
Isn't that fantastic?!
Happy sigh . . .

clare said...

Garden is coming along nicely. I loved the famous five has she read those yet? x

Simply-Mel said...

Honey is a bit beyond FF now, Lulu will soon be hitting that lot.

Lynette said...

Oh...it is like reliving your childhood all over again...so precious.

cat said...

What a stunning little slice of their lives you have captured! And one of the plusses of bringing up my kids bilingual - Enid in English.