03 August 2011

Time Out

Been a weird week. My body is at odds with itself, my runs/crossfit sessions earlier this week have been an awful slog. I had to talk myself through each and every minute of them. Not a nice feeling. I am not sick or anything but when I woke up on Monday with a fever blister I knew all was not well.

So....today I took a rest day :

  1. Went and had coffee with a mate.
  2. Enjoyed a 45min deep tissue massage to ease some stiffness.
  3. And finally off to the pharmacy for a B12 shot to wake up this body!

I routinely get B12 shots when my body begins to rebel. (once every 6-8wks) I find them to be extremely effective and only mildly uncomfortable.

I have to confess that todays shot left me in acute agony for a minute or so. I have NEVER had such a painful jab - clearly this was a b-a-a-a-d batch. The nurse said everyone has been complaining....hopefully I will get an *extra* kick from enduring that blerry burn.

Been a lovely way to spend the morning, all things considered. Off to have a quiet cup of tea before the Wednesday afternoon madness kicks off.

6 comments:

cat said...

I really hope you feel better. I find those shots very auch.

blackhuff said...

Hope you feel better soon. Have never had a Vit B-12 shot before. Glad you took a day's rest.

Marcelle said...

Good to hear you are listening to your body....take care....

Stefanie said...

Eish! At least the massage sounds nice and relaxing. Enjoy the rest of today.

Anonymous said...

Allie says:

Knowing that the following is a truly mom-comment, but making it anyway -
Are you sure you're overdoing it, kiddo?

Ducking . . .

Lynette said...

Hoping you're feeling stacks better...take it easy okay?