12 September 2011

Weekend Pictorial

It has been yet another full weekend - full of activity yet restful at the same time. Just the way I like it!

Saturday:

Started with an early morning family hike along the Slangkop route with the school. They have a hiking club which meets once a month so we decided to join them this morning. It was an easy 5km trail (which looks awesome for running!) with the most spectacular views as your reward.

The afternoon was spent birthday shopping for my man and we also managed to sneak a movie in - saw Super 8 - entertaining but missable. It was the only movie on in the timeslot we had available.

By evening I was feeling pretty darn shitty; convinced that I was going to wake up with flu or something. 

Sunday:

My guys' birthday.  Presents and tea and all things celebratory. I then pulled myself outta bed and laid on a rather elaborate (by my standards) breakfast for us and some friends.

We watched the rugby (nailbiting stuff) and then headed out to go for a short hike to the Silvermine waterfall. What an exquisite sight that is - we are so enjoying getting outdoors as often as possible to explore the beauty on our doorstep.

Hooli checking out the route with Dad

The views took my breath away.

You can see Slangkop lighthouse

Its magical at this waterfall, kids were enthralled!

Happy birthday family shot for my man!

Good times with great friends.

The mandatory *in front of sign* shot! ;-)


And that, my friends, was my weekend!

8 comments:

MacLeod House said...

I had a good chuckle at your "mandatory in front of sign shot" comment. Trekking across America, I was always the one yelling "STOP! photo op!" everytime we entered a new state or national park or Canada :) I used to do the same thing on Athletics tour for arb places like, Oudtshoorn, PE etc. :)

Hayley said...

Loving all the photos Mel! A good weekend!

Kirsty said...

Lovely photies. I love your hair Mel - the fringe suits u x x

Laura said...

Such a good weekend indeed :)

Shayne said...

I love that hike - did it a few times whilst still in CT.

Great weekend me thinks x

blackhuff said...

Love the photos you took of the family outing. So cool

cat said...

Sounds like a fantastic weekend -great way to spend a birthday me thinks

Lynette said...

Looks like an amazing hike and beautiful scenery.