29 April 2012

For the love of trails


I have recently begun running trails more regularly than before. I have become severely averse to the confines of the gym and I simply avoid the place like the plague. This fact combined with the cooler weather has driven me back into the mountains. A place I have always enjoyed but somehow had lost connection with over the last 10 years or so.

Freedom (and silence!)

 Trail running has quietly taught me such a valuable lesson. Something that is so often spoken but seldom truly put into practice.

Running trail has taught me that it is all about the journey - there is no defined destination. That is pretty freeing for me. Especially for one so (quietly) driven in so many areas of my life. 

Somehow, by running out there in nature, my life just makes sense in ways that I am not able to describe. I spoke to a surfer about it today and his eyes lit up and he was totally able to identify with my feelings.


Jeannie, my very special running partner



I know it sounds a bit zen, especially coming from me, but I am not going to argue because right now this is my happy place.

3 comments:

blackhuff said...

You need to discuss the "zenn" feeling you are experiencing at the moment. What is important, is that you have a happy place.

Lynette said...

It is good to have a happy place and if it is outdoors and gets you fit at the same time that is a bonus.

Hayley said...

Hocome I have missed all your blogging :-(

Going to catch up right now!