27 August 2012

Monday Musings

Mondays and I have a love/hate relationship.

I struggle with the shock of having to wake up, communicate and function normally by 7am

BUT

I make a concerted effort as I know that within an hour I will have my house All To Myself for 5 sweet hours.

This morning, sun shine welcomed me and I needed to get outside! Thankfully I had a plan with a friend to do some gentle exercise (hah!) around Kalk Bay/Boyes Drive area. It was spectacularly beautiful and what a lovely way to catch up with a friend...and get the HR up a wee bit. Two birds one stone....a power hour indeed.

Jacobs Ladder certainly gave me pause today....eish!

This done I headed to my new favourite haunt, FLM*, to meet Farn for coffee (and I snuck in a mini brekky) Much swopping of weekend tidbits and a plan for a meaningful x-training session tomorrow.

I do want to up the anti on my activity as Russ and I plan to celebrate our 20th anniversary in Zanzibar this year....goodness knows I need to fill out my bikini is the RIGHT places as oppose to dripping over the edges!

This is pretty much what a romantic getaway looks like to me!



2 comments:

cat said...

Love that stair phot - beautiful and what a great way tpo catch up with a friend. And wow, Zanzibar - my business partner and his wife have been going there every December for a few years - they love it. And you get great deals there.

Lynette said...

I also love the Jacobs' ladder photo. That is a place I "need" to go...but I will settle for Plett end of next month.

Normally I am okay with Mondays...this past Monday I didn't want to get out of bed, I didn't want to go to work...and then it ended up such an awesome, miraculous day...that I have to admit it was my best Monday ever;-D