20 November 2012

A little bit of chaos

A little bit of chaos is really what my life is all about right now.

In summary:


  • In August our house flooded in a storm while we were in Mcgregor.
  • Insurance finally sent contractors to lift our laminate flooring 2 weeks ago.
  • The screed was wet and left to dry for a week.
  • It was still wet so they sent in industrial fans and extractors.
  • Without telling me we would have to move out the house.
  • For anywhere from 3 days to 2 weeks.


I am thankful for my parents who have taken us all in. And my sister who is on standby anytime I need extra help or lodging! I started off feeling very unsure and guilty about cramping my parents style but after a week we are getting very comfortable and I fear they may need big guns to evict us when the time comes.

Evenings mooching with the family

Annoying Orange on Youtube...and some other amusing stuff!
Apart from this relative upheaval I had a little bit of a scare today when I realised my monthly visitor hadnt arrived. In fact she is almost 2weeks late. Never. Happened. Before. Enter panic. I did a preg test and am   not expecting. Thank you Jesus. Turning 40 and being preggers was not in my master plan. Am thinking all the stress and upheaval (and some emotional turmoil this week) has caused her to retreat into hiding and am pretty sure she will arrive the day of my party cos she is bitchy like that! ;-)

yes, reading kit instructions...its been a while!
Yes, I am having a party! Can you believe it? I cant. Originally the plan was to have a breakfast on Friday morn with my family and 6 of my closest friends....then my other friends managed to twist my arm at the last minute...and arranged everything from a venue to playlists to lighting and catering...and whaddaya know Mel's having a party on Saturday night!!

So...I cancelled the breakfast (cos all those peeps are coming on Saturday anyway) because even though its a biggie it certainly does not need 2 events! I am really looking forward to Saturday and am very pleased my mates talked me into doing something FUN!

fun invite that I made - i love it!


7 comments:

Stefanie said...

Thanks for the mention on fb that you'd posted. Was great catching up and connecting the dots again. I trust that you will celebrate in style and have an amazing time with special friends and family. Blessings abundant.

Lynette said...

Now that is what family is all about. Enjoy your time with the parents, I am sure they are enjoying having you and the grandchildren.

OOOOh! A party!

Ordinarylife said...

Love the invite!

blackhuff said...

I can't wait to see the photos of this very special event on Saturday. Wish I lived much nearer to you :(
I'm glad that you all are enjoying the time with your parents.

Kirsty said...

I am guessing my invite got lost in the post? ;)
Have a blast x

cat said...

I know you had a great time! And hope you are back home by now

Julia said...

I would totally move in with my folks if I could! Imagine all that spoiling?