20 February 2013

Damp Squib

That would be me. The damp squib. I am having an off-day. I do believe I will be just fine tomorrow, or maybe Friday. Soon, I am sure.

I am back home. With floors that still have unresolved issues. The fans are gone and never coming back but that is far from the end of the story.

The engineer was here yesterday to look at the house. I was out. I cannot face this thing right now and frankly we all know that if an engineer is coming to inspect your house there is going to be KAK in the land. We are waiting on his report but for now we have guys coming tomorrow to drill holes into our NEWLY PAINTED external walls to assess the extent of the damp we never knew we had.

I can tell you this without a shadow of doubt...had I known I would be going through all this I would GLADLY have lived with my flood damaged house. GLADLY. Slightly warped flooring is a small price to pay. I think I have aged dramatically in the last 6 months. I am not kidding.

I will be sure to be out tomorrow when they come to drill the holes. Russell will be here. I have gone into lock-down mode. I do not answer my phone (with unknown numbers) and I do not read emails from the insurance company (Russ is cc-ed on everything).

You may think I am being extreme but I truly need to this time to just NOT be a part of this drama anymore. I need to go about my life in denial until I am ready to face the next round of challenges.


8 comments:

Lynette said...

Sometimes we get to the point of shut down. You are wise to take time out. Sending lots of hugs ♥♥

ANNE said...

come stay in McGregor for the weekend.........lots of love

blackhuff said...

Sometimes it's okay to live in denial for a short while. Hugs my friend. Sounds awful at the moment :(

JULIA said...

Oh dear oh dear. that is just horrible. :( If you need to escape to mine for a coffee, take your antihisthamenes and just pull in. x

Vanessa said...

"Flood damaged" - eh? What the H happened? I know you had issues with flooring, and wet screed, but flood damage, where have I been? Did I miss something?

Ordinarylife said...

I would be in lock down mode too. This has been going on for ages.

Julia said...

Ah honey. I hear you and I get it. xx

cat said...

Ai this is tough. Lots of love