03 February 2013

That Awkward Stage

Some might remember my flirtation with hair extensions in October last year? They were a surprise for my man ... Who has been asking me to grown my hair for 10years!

To be honest I simply wasn't sure it could still look good so I decided to I forgo the mission of growing it and surprise him ... With extensions !


I lasted about a week before nearly tearing my (fake) hair out with my bare hands. I just never could get used to the feel of it however I did love the look of it and resolved to grow my own.


I am now in that heinous awkward stage with inbetween hair.. And it's just not fun (or attractive)  but I shall persevere !

Heavy fringe growing out...at home I clip it back...not pretty but practical!

8 comments:

Ordinarylife said...

I hate having to grow my hair out - which I seem to have to do on a regular basis. I grow it, get frustrated or hot and then cut it. Regret it a few months later and repeat the whole process.

Flowrsinherhair said...

Looking stunning - love it pulled back like that!!!!

blackhuff said...

Rather you than me ... the reason why I don't have long hair.
It looks good so far.

Anonymous said...

I'm the same 'Ordinarylife'! Forever growing, cutting, growing, cutting! I've just had a proper fringe cut in and now I don't like it :( I was so busy yapping to the hairdresser I forgot to tell him not to cut it too short. My husband's raised eyebrows when he saw it spoke volumes...

Misty'sMum said...

Hmm, my comment went in as 'anonymous'. I must have clicked the wrong button again. Sorry!

cat said...

Persevere - I have been growing for about 3 years and it is now at a very nice length. I have foung hairbands very useful. There are so many options

Lynette said...

I am trying and struggling to grow my fringe out at the moment...some days I feel like cutting it myself.

Julia said...

I am also growing my hair and to be honest, it's harder than I expected. The current length is the longest it's ever been. I'm giving myself until December 2013. Then it is being CHOPPED OFF. The in-between stage is the worst.