04 April 2013

Merrell Night Run


Am back home after a really amazing break with the family. While I didn't meet my own workout expectations I did learn the value of rest....

I managed about 3 runs, one in the forest of beautiful Natures Valley



and 2 in and around the rural village of Mcgregor.



Once home I realised that I had a day to unpack and get my head around the start of the Merrell Night Series! I had registered for this series so long ago that I had forgotten all about it until the facebook notification arrived.

The rest clearly did me good as I set a new PB for a trail run - it was 8K through the beautiful vineyard territory of Groot Constantia. Apart from my very dodgy headlight all was perfect - absolutely exhilaharating and the best way to spend a Tuesday evening in my opinion!



I am looking forward to next weeks race especially as I will have a much stronger lamp....and maybe another PB to celebrate! ;-)

2 comments:

Ordinarylife said...

I have only done one night trail run and loved it! Well done on the PB>

Lynette said...

Wow...you are really focused.