- I invited my neighbour (the one who was burgled a month ago) over for coffee. I REALLY like her; she is my age with a Gr 4 daughter and is super funny, quirky and creative. She does freelance design for magazines. I only booked out an hour in my diary to be safe..you know...in case it was awkward but HELL NO, we need more time for our next visit!
- I also pottered up the road to another neighbourr; I helped set up a US iTunes account so she can download all kinds of wonderful free apps for her daughter. I love little impromptu gaps in my day where I can to see people and hang out guilt-free.
(yes, all the while Faith was being educated in my absence so settle down people)
- Faith's grade 4 math and language curriculum arrived yesterday - looks 'totes amazeballs' and we are going to have many hours of fun with it.
- While Faith went to tap I grabbed the opportunity to go for a quick 6k run. It sucked eggs. Running at 3pm just does not work for me. It was bordering on miserable really but still glad I did it. Sometimes it is just about the discipline.
- Faith ended up at x-ray after tap. Two weeks ago she hurt her big toe badly - a dislocation I am sure . We have been taping it and using anti-inflams and have stopped ALL dancing (tap, modern, ballet) but yesterday she was ready to try tap. Hells-bells she was in pain so I decided (for her peace of mind) to rule out any fracture / infection.
Bottom line is that only time and rest will heal this toe. Dancing for her (5x a week) is like running for me. She is beyond gutted, grumpy and upset that this injury is holding her back.
Interesting times. A real opportunity for growth and beginning to understand how to forge through disappointment and unexpected obstacles.
And for those you really cared....my new boots!!! Love 'em dearly.