24 May 2013

Waking up Miz

I woke up miserable on Friday. I don't know why.

Let me share the text message I sent to my mom when she casually asked me


'How goes it today?'  at 1045

"Bah humbug, school stops shortly. And we each gonna go read our books for the rest of the morning.
Am in a baaaaaaad mood. Not nice. :(
Doesnt help that the dog is annoying me and that the house earth leakage is tripping 100 time a day or that the kitchen drawer is stuck and my garage door is broken. 
Pfffffft.
And Russell keeps stealing my 2 prongs plugs and losing the landline."

Ja. Sucky attitude and frankly I could not shake it. It was utterly revolting.

The afternoon crept up on me; Levi had a party and the girls were at art. All I wanted to do for the 2hrs was lie on the couch and eat and watch tv in silence.

So I put on my running shoes and ran my fastest 10k ever.

Then I smiled. A lot.




Until I arrived home only to find our {almost} new geyser is on the fritz so no hot shower for me....that kinda messed me up so I decided to take my grumpy ass to bed at 6pm and refrain from inflicting it on anyone else!


8 comments:

LG said...

Eish. Sounds like a real day. Glad you got your run in even if there was no hot water.

LG said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ANNE said...

Better today?

Angela Le Gonidec said...

Oh dear, well we are all entitled to the odd bad day. Well done you for running, probably the best thing for it. You've got so much going on it's bound to catch up with you now and again. At least you have recognized it and taken steps to minimize how it affects you and those around you. Make no mistake you are doing an awesome job and you just have to cut yourself a bit of slack once in a while.

Hope you have a great weekend xxx

cat said...

Exercise always helps

Ordinarylife said...

oh dear! That sucks. A good run always helps but I would have been even more miserable if I discovered there was not hot water after.
Hope all is back to normal.

Ordinarylife said...

oh dear! That sucks. A good run always helps but I would have been even more miserable if I discovered there was not hot water after.
Hope all is back to normal.

Lynette said...

What wonders exercise and good endorphins can do for the heart and soul.