18 July 2013

Possibly Controversial?

I did eventually find my way out of my funk yesterday. Not in the bottom of a coffee cup although I did try, but instead by taking my whole family running! (Ness - you were right!)

The guy with me is a classmate from my youth; and an occasional trail run partner.


We all headed to the local time trials in our area and had a wonderful time - I was struck by how quickly it gets dark and felt a right twit in all my black gear! Next week headlamp and reflective gear for all of us.

There is much talk around the 67mins for Mandela and while I think it is noteworthy and a wonderful tribute to a great man I do get that 'rebelliousness' rising up in me.

If another person asks me what I am doing for our 67mins I may be forced to ask them what they are doing with THEIR LIVES.

I know. I am being obnoxious but I really feel that we should aspire to lives of '67min' moments you know?

So...for the record I have nothing official planned for the 67mins today but I applaud everyone around the country who is stepping out and doing something for the upliftment of their fellow countrymen.

3 comments:

Lynette said...

Well said...I dedicated my life to the community so nothing special is happening here...just the usual work ;-)

Marleen Swart said...

I second Lynette. Also not doing something. Just work. In my opinion, charity does start at home - 67 mins of moments with your family.
Glad you got out of the rut of yesterday.

Julia said...

You are NOT alone. I did nothing either. And IF I ever do something then I'm not going to brag to all and sundry about it. That's between me, the person/group I choose to bless and God.