10 August 2013

Smiles all round


This weekend saw some heaviness as we said goodbye to Luke. I do not want to talk about it right now - it is a post on it's own. Suffice to say he is living large on a stud farm in Stellenbosch with a young couple who are trail runners and obsessed with my (former) dog.

Faith and I were particularly distraught. My first inclination was to try take her mind off it and go do something fun - shopping or running or painting or anything to ease the pain for her. Common sense took over and I just left her to sob and allowed her to feel the pain. She poured herself into her journal (i had nothing to do with it - instinctively she knew it would help) and appeared at my bedside an hour later saying she was ready to face the world.

My girls and I headed to the mall to do some necessary shopping. Faith had to get hair /makeup supplies for her tap eisteddford tomorrow; she and Rachel spent many minutes perusing Ralo and deciding on what would be best. I love watching them hang out and be girls together.



I wanted to get my hands on the Matthew Mole cd (which is flipping brilliant) and the kids agree it's the best cd purchase thus far for 2013.

In other earth-shattering news... Rachel bought a skirt!!! wth? Funniest thing ever is that I have the same one (bought in London 2 yrs ago) which she is yet to realize. She is raiding my wardrobe on a regular basis and I am beginning to see big changes happening fast.



While we were out shopping the boys indulged in a game of squash and cycled around the estate. Later in the day we all ended up in our cul-de-sac playing cricket with the neigbourhood kids.



Good times. Everyone was happy and as we all know that makes The Mom happy too!

5 comments:

Flowrsinherhair said...

mom sounds happy! Big decision about Luke... I know how much you loved him! The girls look amazing how they are looking at the makeup! Love it!

cat said...

Love the happy post (apart from the Luke bit) I am sure he will have a wonderful life

Marleen Swart said...

You're a great mother for letting your daughter work through the emotions and pain by crying.

Lynette said...

Sorry about Luke. I love the photo of the two girls make up shopping.

Julia said...

Oh no! Why is Luke gone? Loved this happy post. I must also get Matthew Mole ASAP.