24 November 2013

Did you say FORTY-ONE?!

my birthday dawned bright, still and hot!

and in came my family, 


singing with a bright, 
hot cake which looked alarmingly 
like it could set the world on fire!

how is it that i am 41 already? 

we headed down to our shark-infested beach upon hearing the nets were up - much jubilation as the kids were able to swim out far and enjoy some fabulous bodysurfing.




The afternoon was spent chatting (and skyping my sis) and generally lolling in a carb coma after we all indulged in my moms spectacular mac n cheese followed by a monumental trifle - my all-time favorite meal and dessert!






Evening was rounded out by a swim and a sunset walk around our estate. A superb day to remember.



3 comments:

cat said...

Now that is a superb birthday in my book

cat said...

Now that is a superb birthday in my book

Lynette said...

41? Really, I can't believe that I missed it. Happy happy. Your day looked awesome.