25 June 2014

On a lighter note….!



My post of yesterday did garner some response. I have to say I was not completely satisfied with my feeble attempt at laying out the fb dilemma as I see it. It is a complicated beast that is well underestimated.

I think I will close this chapter by saying that I believe there is a true psychology around Facebook. I think we treat it like a friendly pet but actually it may well be a rabid dog that could cause grave danger if not executed timeously. Perhaps one day I will have to do a thesis on The Facebook Effect.

In other news 

Today is 8 weeks since I decided to boycott wheat and lower my sugar intake. While I still occasionally indulge in the odd croissant or muffin I steer clear of wheat in my day-to-day life.

I decided to hop on the scale and pull out the tape measure and see how things stand. I have lost a full 5kgs and a whopping 6cm around my waist.  I finally feel like I have defeated my 'skinny-fat' status; I just generally feel much better and have loads more energy and I don't battle to get out of bed. Awesome.




I am attempting to run more consistently. Russell is only available on weekends to head into the mountain with me so I do all my training on the road during the week. Having Luke with me makes it bearable. I am trying to run 'unwired' more regularly so as to enjoy the experience without chasing a time but to be honest road running is ONLY fun for me when I chase my tail……! I can easily let go and 'meander-run' when I am in the mountains but not so much on the tar.






My sister-in-law and nieces (who live in the States) arrive on Saturday to stay with us for 10 days. It has been 2years since we last saw them and we are all excited to spend time together again. Russell will be home for most of their stay and we do hope to nip up to Mcgregor to share that special place with them.

Apparently the girls also want to do a spot of shopping so hoping to take them to Long Street and explore some of the more vintagey type stores that line this street.

Hooray for school holidays. :-)







4 comments:

Lynette Jacobs said...

You look fantastic Mel. I wish I had what it takes to stick with a diet to lose a bit of flab...but sjoe...I love bread. What more can I say. Enjoy the school holiday.

Stefanie said...

Wow, you are looking fabulous - love the abs and want a set just like it - you know without the exercise and running part.

Marleen Swart said...

I get the fact that you need to run road in the week. Like I said yesterday on my MTB blog, I have to ride road in the week as I train alone and can't do trails alone in week. But luckily we have our hubby's over weekends for the trails :) You are looking great Mel. Well done!

Flowrsinher Hair said...

Bloody fantastic