09 September 2014

SPRING HAS SPRUNG

We are back from an amazing week away. we didn't do anything especially spectacular - there was a far amount of series watching, sleeping late, swimming, reading and loafing about.

We spent most of the week in Mcgregor barring a couple of days that were spent at the Avalon Hot Springs. The weather was simply perfect - cool enough to appreciate the warm water but hot enough to still feel the burn of the sun (in a good way)

The kids spent many hours going from the warm pools to the chilly super tube - definitely worth the groupon!

We are back home and getting into school mode is proving a challenge. Not just for the kids but for this mama too. I swear I can feel summer beckoning me and she causes me to enter holiday mode at the drop of a hat!

We always run with the 'work hard in winter, play hard in summer' so as soon as those nets are up at the beach we will be spending many happy hours down there again.

I am far more housebound with the three kids at home. I used to be able to school Faith in 90 minutes a day but now that I am working with all three kids it is proving a time consuming endeavor. Not too mention the squabbles and general hysteria that break out occasionally.

Days like today remind me that I am doing the right thing though. I am comfortable right down in my soul that this path is right; even on the mornings when I wake up and am assaulted by thoughts that ask me 'what have you done, crazy woman!'

Today I employed the services of a lovely young lady (yet another home schooled child, the daughter of my friend, T) to come and help Rachel with some maths. While I am well able to help her, our relationship is tenuous when it come to mathematical debate. I am sure D is going to prove a valuable asset over the next few years.

Tuesday lunchtimes has become our 'hit the gym' slot. I find Virgin far more interesting and exciting when i take my tribe along with me. They are all highly motivated and enjoy working out. Rach LOVES the pool and did over 30 lengths today. Levi and Faith cycled and did other cardio work with me upstairs - Russ is keen to get them all involved in a triathlon in the coming month or two.

I am still running. Been through a lazy patch but never did stop. My enthusiasm waned but have managed to forcibly harness it by registering for two races in the next 4wks. Nothing like a deadline (and the threat of a bad race) to get you up and hitting the road again.  Levi is fast becoming a worthy 5k partner with him hitting a sub-30 recently. Very soon he will be outrunning me - bring it on!

I am unable to upload photos right now as I am rebuilding my photo-library from scratch after it crashed!!! Probably because it was 150gig….I will upload photos this week so pop back to have a look see.


1 comment:

cat said...

All seems to be fine in your world. Enjoy