22 September 2014

Weekend in Review


Friday afternoon saw my sproggles going off to their cousins for an overnight stay. This did mean that I would have a very quiet house for a couple of hours.


I watched a movie. (I think?) Or maybe I tried to watch a few but I can usually only managed a few minutes and then get totally bored and feel like I am wasting time. Overall I did nothing - I pottered around my house talking to my dogs, staring into the garden and at one stage I found myself sitting on the couch, in the dark in total silence. Why turn on lights. It was maybe a bit weird but I really liked the stillness both visually and auditory. Charly didnt even bark at the runners passing our house - I think she sensed the mood and valued her life.

Saturday morning Russ and I did park-run. He was on a mission….'the only good pace is suicide pace and today looks like a good day to die'. Yes, that was him on Saturday morning - me, not so much. I took it easy as I knew I had a race the next and because easy is all I am capable of doing right now!

We met up with some friends at Parkrun and they invited us for breakfast which was so lovely. They live down the drag but we seldom get together - spontaneous outings are the best!

The afternoon saw me all alone again as Russ took Levi and some mates to Newlands for rugby. Levi had been counting the sleeps until he could take his friends (Newlands virgins) to rugby!




I definitely feel a bit like orphan Annie when my family is out ; I did MAD, CRAZY things like finish the laundry, sorted out cluttered spaces, fixed some curtains and altered my bikini (yes, i did!). I really am a potterer at heart and being in my own house makes me very, very  happy. The only downer was that there was not much food in the house but even that did not tempt me to go to the mall….pronutro and tea did the trick!

Russ arrived home later that evening with all the kids and TomToms GPS watches for us! (he had collected our race numbers and had visited the expo…) Both our gamins died a few month ago and we had been in deliberations as to whether to replace them or look at something new. Happy birthday to Russ and early happy birthday to me!

Sunday morning saw Russ and I crawling out of bed at 0530 to go off and do the Cape Town Peace Run (10km). It was a fantastic experience although i did find the first 2kms annoying as you can't run due to the masses of people….can be a frustration if you are wanting to run a personal best. Anyway, I had no intention of PBing - I just wanted to finish and feel good. Despite the very slow first 2kms I still managed to finish in under an hour (just!) so I was well happy with that.


I really enjoy doing races with Russ - even though it can be intimidating as he really has to tone it down…and my pride aches at times but every now and then he waves a friendly goodbye and runs his own race. ;-)

Sunday arvie was very low-key; took the kids for lunch at FLM, did some housecleaning and then just chilled out. I did watch Dallas Buyers Club on my iPad last night - a movie worth watching and it did proves to me that Matt Mcconaughey (am not a fan) can actually act. He was a shadow of himself - playing an AIDS patients in the 1980's) in this movie and he was truly amazing.


1 comment:

cat said...

Sounds like a great weekend