27 November 2015

The Birthday


There are times when words are unable to express the sanctity of a moment or experience. I am not even going to try - suffice to say joy, peace and gratitude flooded my being on this day.



 








I fell many times on this daunting climb but I did eventually make it to the top; I felt Russell's pride in that moment.



************************

" In the midst of hate, I found there was, within me, an invincible love.
In the midst of tears, I found there was, within me, an invincible smile.
In the midst of chaos, I found there was, within me, an invincible calm.
I realized, through it all, that ..
In the midst of winter, I found there was, within me, an invincible summer.
And that makes me happy. For it says that no matter how hard the world pushes against me, within me, there’s something stronger – something better, pushing right back."
Albert Camus






3 comments:

Lynette Jacobs said...

So glad that all your loved ones made this day so special for you. You will never know what an impact you are making on my life...among many others.

cat said...

Happy happy birthday once again Mel - I am soooo glad you had a great day

Shayne said...

❤️