Yesterday Honey had a project due. She was given it about a month ago. It was in the form of a diary and she had to choose her character from 1670's or something; living life at the Castle of Good Hope. They had to talk about how they got there, what they wore,ate and generally their daily life. It was a doff project in my opinion. It irritates me when they have to do dumb meaningless things. But annnyyyywaaaaay....it had to be handed in yesterday. She wasnt finished. She still had to colour her title page and write some screed on the last page about something I cant remember. She freaked and said she wasnt going to hand it in and would finish it that afternoon. I told her if she left it at home on purpose I would bin the thing and she would get zero. She handed it in; she got 78% for it but would have gotten 90% if she had put more effort into it. (her teacher told her this). She has learnt a valuable lesson..... Mama aint doing your projects darling. Apart from that little drama...
How often I have I heard of moms taking their kids in for tonsilectomies, adenoids, gromits and worse? Very very often. I have given them my sympathies - the type of sympathy you give someone when you have NOT been through it yourself. Hooli had some nodes/glands removed from his neck today. Turned out to be a couple in one spot that they took out under general anaesthetic. It was a loooong day. I fetched him from school at 1030 (bearing in mind nil by mouth from 0730). I then fetched my mom and we were at the hospital at 1130. We did all the admin stuff and then waited a good 90mins in reception. My son was an absolute gem. Not once did he complain of hunger, thirst or anything else. He just wanted it to be over. Oh, and he refused pointblank to wear any manky backless hospital gowns. I went in with him until they put him to sleep. That was EXTREMELY traumatic. They did not warn me that their little bodies fight the anaesthetic. It was like he was having a seizure. I was completely t...
I have recently been reflecting on the last few months. Since November I have been through some really stormy stuff. Most of it I have not shared; or maybe I have just touched upon parts. The most overwhelming for me was how the vertigo affected me. I have never been ill. And vertigo doesnt make you ill but it changes who you are. It came over me so suddenly; left undiagnosed for 2weeks I began to suffer anxiety as I was sure there was something very wrong with me but I was unable to explain my symptoms. Eventually, being diagnosed, I felt tentative relief. This was shortlived as I realised that this ailment was invisible to everyone around me - leaving me feeling lonely, isolated and very vulnerable. There were many times I was in company and yet I was fighting to stay present. Dealing with this added to my stress and anxiety which worsened the condition. It was all such a mess. Then we had the news of my brothers divorce and again, I was shellshocked by the toll it took on us all. I ...
Comments
Boy do I hate tangles of wires!
I'm so glad that you could hear Honey's stories about her dog families. It must have meant the world to her.
Good for you!