Yesterday Honey had a project due. She was given it about a month ago. It was in the form of a diary and she had to choose her character from 1670's or something; living life at the Castle of Good Hope. They had to talk about how they got there, what they wore,ate and generally their daily life. It was a doff project in my opinion. It irritates me when they have to do dumb meaningless things. But annnyyyywaaaaay....it had to be handed in yesterday. She wasnt finished. She still had to colour her title page and write some screed on the last page about something I cant remember. She freaked and said she wasnt going to hand it in and would finish it that afternoon. I told her if she left it at home on purpose I would bin the thing and she would get zero. She handed it in; she got 78% for it but would have gotten 90% if she had put more effort into it. (her teacher told her this). She has learnt a valuable lesson..... Mama aint doing your projects darling. Apart from that little drama...
How often I have I heard of moms taking their kids in for tonsilectomies, adenoids, gromits and worse? Very very often. I have given them my sympathies - the type of sympathy you give someone when you have NOT been through it yourself. Hooli had some nodes/glands removed from his neck today. Turned out to be a couple in one spot that they took out under general anaesthetic. It was a loooong day. I fetched him from school at 1030 (bearing in mind nil by mouth from 0730). I then fetched my mom and we were at the hospital at 1130. We did all the admin stuff and then waited a good 90mins in reception. My son was an absolute gem. Not once did he complain of hunger, thirst or anything else. He just wanted it to be over. Oh, and he refused pointblank to wear any manky backless hospital gowns. I went in with him until they put him to sleep. That was EXTREMELY traumatic. They did not warn me that their little bodies fight the anaesthetic. It was like he was having a seizure. I was completely t...
My boytjie. What can I say? You bring so much life, laughter and relative mayhem to our lives. That twinkle in your eye and cheeky grin can turn any ordinary day into something pretty darn cool. You are such a blessing to us little mister. You cruise through this life with such energy. You endure being outnumbered by girls with ease and charm. You are not shy to compliment women on their *outfits* and then a moment later bust a move on your skateboard that leaves me pale. From riding your bike, to playing cricket, soccer, rugby, ping pong, skating, baseball - you name it - you do it. Balls, wheels and dangerous physical play is what you are about most of the time ... I have had to learn to unclench my jaw when watching you at play. I have lost count of the number of times I have yelled to your father to come and help me...and then asked (peeping through my fingers) Is there blood? (and usually there is!) I love the way you crawl into my bed early in the morning. The snuggle...
Comments
LOVE the red couch in the forest. Stunning prop and the one of all of you is divine.