14 October 2012

In our space

The no-maid thing has had some strong reactions from some of you but what you have to remember is I dont work full-time. I actually do have the time to manage my own home. And I do have kids old enough to pull their weight.

This would never have been possible a few years ago. Even though I loathe housework I do enjoy the solitude and independence...not having anyone in my house --- I will take the trade-off anyday!
Levi shows Russ his holiday album
 Saturday mornings are proving a lot less fun than in the past though. Russ and I had a great habit of taking off for a run and grabbing a coffee. That can no longer happen. Now we wake up and do 1hr of chores and then the weekend is ours. While I can see the benefit of this routine the kids are proving a hard-sell. >_< 
My nice clean kitchen at 740am. Makes me happy!

Yesterday, after chores, I took them along to the gym as Virgin is now offering a Family '24' class at 11h30. The class is fast paced 30sec movement 30s rest for 24 minutes. No choreography, just simply strength training stuff. The kids LOVED it and we will definitely go again despite the fact that we were the only people there!  Hopefully the class will gain popularity otherwise I cant see them continuing it.


I was pretty impressed with their endurance!


In other news I have decided to make all presents this Christmas. My family should be nervous and begin practising their fake smiles. My mom assures me that handmade gifts from her children, be they 5 or 45 years old, still hold the same kind of value! ;-)

Playing with clay
 Levi is suddenly realising that next year everything changes. He goes to Grade 1 and life at Cherrywood is no longer. How I will miss this amazing little school, such solid teaching and old school activities. I love that I discovered Gill when Levi was just 3 and that he has had so many years under her care.

Jump rope at Levis school - brings back memories

my sis and I went to see Sugarman...dressed rather similarly!

'oppa gangnam style' goes viral and we all have a good laugh

An average Friday afternoon - Faith reading and Levi n Gabe up to something!

Thats us for now. I am so behind in my 31 Days as I cannot write while on holiday/with people in the house. I am determined to finish it though and will aim at doing 3 pieces a day next week!

5 comments:

Julia said...

I LOVED Searching for Sugarman. Bought myself The Glass Castle today - am starting it as soon as I'm done with The Slap. Have you read it? Eish. Those Aussies are crude!

cat said...

I so wanted to see the movie but do nto get there almost ever, so I guess wait for it to show on TV? or DVD?

Our gym allows girls in the Zumba classes - there used to be a Saturday morning one and the Princess loved it. Sadly it is no more and now at 6:30 on WEdnesday nights. But during holidays we will do it togerther - I love it.

blackhuff said...

Dressed similar? Well, you two are sisters ;)
I hope the class gain popularity. I hate it when one enjoy something and then to get cancelled due to not big interest.
Can imagine how you and hubby, miss that Saturday morning coffee.

Jeannie said...

I loved this post. Love seeing the kids in the gym class. Cute man! Nice to chat up on your news.

Lynette said...

Lovely post. I do hope that class continues...how cool to work out with the kiddies;-) Don't know the Sugarman movie...will google:-D