24 May 2016

The Invitation


Please read this post first if you haven't already. This is almost a 'Part Two' .... nine months later.

***********************************************************

“I don't hold to the idea that God causes suffering and crisis. I just know that those things come along and God uses them. We think life should be a nice, clean ascending line. But inevitably something wanders onto the scene and creates havoc with the nice way we've arranged life to fall in place.” 
 
Sue Monk Kidd (When the Heart Waits)



I live my life now with an urgency and a passion that few possess. It has always been in me. It has simply been awakened and stoked. It will never be put out again.

Russell's death was my invitation to life. 

My deepest regret is that it took me losing him to understand what it means to live.

Do not make the same mistake.


3 comments:

allie. said...

Honestly Mel, I am not sure that one can get to where you find yourself now without going through the fires.
I am so grateful that you have been led into this place rather than finding yourself numbed, destroyed and checking out of life.
Live your passion, my girl
It will be amazing, astounding and rich
For you and those around you
<3

Venita Mills said...

I found the same.......to live again. To be patient. Not to take anything for granted anymore. To love more. To appreciate each day. I still mourn, but God send me an Angel who helps me through the pain. 3 years later and I am happier as ever. And I carry my special memories in my heart. You are so strong. Well done Mel. We are showing the world that we CAN do it and LIVE again.

cat said...

You are an inspiration Mel.