28 November 2011

SChool News

School News

It has been so long since my last post and I feel the need to just capture some photos and thoughts for posterity. :-)
The obligatory school photo – very sweet
The girls are both doing exceptionally well at school. They enjoy every aspect of school life; I can already see the peer pull on Rachel as her relationships are cemented with these young classmates she has had for 4 years. I am thankful for each of my kids friends – each one of them kind and loyal. I remind myself now that I need to pray regularly for the relationships that my kids form with friends as they grow up – as an adult I remember very well the importance and influence of friendships.
They recently had Grandparents Day at the school – I am so grateful that we live close to at least one set of grandparents – the kids so love having them come in a look at their classes, workbooks etc. The kids put on a little recital and generally just spend time showing their grandparents what school is all about for them.
Smile!
Precious moment captured.
Rach is always so proud to have her granny come to school.

I count it SUCH a huge blessing that my kids have close and very real relationships with all their grandparents – it is such a gift and one of the main reasons I would think LONG AND HARD before moving away from family. Nothing beats it. Nothing.

No comments: