30 October 2015

Ticking Normality



Another week has passed.

This one has been more tenable than last week. It has held some highly amusing moments; widowhood definitely has a funny side occasionally.  I even took the kids out for spur of the moment supper last night and it did not overwhelm me. We had a great evening and I ate a good steak! Hopefully it will provide much needed fuel for my first Parkrun in months tomorrow.

I have help at the house this week - much of the woodwork (doors and windows) were in grave need of repair and restoration. It feels good to start getting on top of things and to feel like my house may feel like a home again in the near future.

To this end I also started clearing the schoolbook cupboard. I am tossing all old homeschooling content as my kids are starting a completely different curriculum next year. I am pairing down to the bare minimum in an effort to keep things clean, simple and uncluttered.

This weekend seems set to include more DIY-ing, springcleaning, running and rugby-watching....and my big brother is coming to camp out with us for a few days which is going to be very cool. :-)

Sounds awfully normal doesn't it?

7 comments:

Lynette Jacobs said...

Normal is very good xx

Marleen Swart said...

Normal is good. Hugs

Nocturnal Wenchy said...

Every day that is good counts!

Renee Belter said...

Diy is the answer.... Hard work keeps you busy yet creative and motivating. Come see the changes i made to my silly brown house. PS: Well done

Johanneke Johnson said...

Mel, you don't know me well. But I have been following your blog since Russell's diagnosis. Your journey and pain and even these normal things have inspired and encouraged me deeply. Thank you for giving words to your pain and for writing them down.
Would love to give you a hug in person, one day.
Johanneke.

Johanneke Johnson said...

Mel, you don't know me well. But I have been following your blog since Russell's diagnosis. Your journey and pain and even these normal things have inspired and encouraged me deeply. Thank you for giving words to your pain and for writing them down.
Would love to give you a hug in person, one day.
Johanneke.

Deborah Ann Blignaut said...

Wow Mel you should write a book. You even write inspiringly in simple things