14 May 2013

The Irony is Not Lost on Me





“If your mind isn’t clouded by unnecessary things, then this is the best season of your life.” - Wu-Men




Simplicity comes in the strangest forms.

Anyone who has read me for any length of time will know that simplicity is what I long for in every area of my life. I am guessing I am not alone in this.

In a world full of noise, clutter and a 'culture of MORE' - simplicity seems as mythical as the pot of gold at the rainbow's end.

In the last few days I have found the shedding of my many roles to be utterly exhilharating. I have chosen to focus solely on schooling Faith and have unhitched from many other activities that took much of my time and mental acuity.

There is no longer any expectation on me.

People know I am now a (*) homeschooler. 

I do not have time to be involved in every activity and committee and and and.



*****************


(*)  Call me crazy but I prefer to be called an informal educator. ;-) 






4 comments:

Stefanie said...

Yes right, calling a rose by any other name make it smell less sweet?
Informal educator you are.
Kudos, look forward to reading about your journey.

Marleen Swart said...

I am with you. I crave simplicity, every single day of my life. The simplicity that our forefathers had.
Anyhoo, I like that you want to refer to yourself as an Informal Educator. Great word.

Karen said...

I'm gravitating towards life schooler....

Flowrsinherhair said...

Good for you! Simplicity is the way to go... I am always looking for more ways to simplify!!!

I would like to hear more about the other roles u have ditched!